Signage for the first Wal-Mart Supercenter in Shanghai, one of more than 180 stores the retail giant owns in China. It holds an interest in additional 104 Trust-Mart stores there.
Reuters reports that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville is considering a bid for the Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. conglomerate, a supermarket chain controlled by Asia's richest man, Li Ka-shing.
Arkansas Business Staff
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Today's Bank Named Receiver for Undercapitalized Allied Bank 2 days ago
- William Rockefeller, Samar Ali Join Winrock International Board 3 days ago
- Nucor Corp. Plans New $230M Mill at Blytheville, 100 Jobs 5 days ago
- A Mighty Good Road: The Decline and Fall of the Rock Island Railroad 4 years ago
- Alumna Gives $1M to Support SAU Engineering Program 2 days ago