In this video, THV 11 News' Dustin Wilson talks to Jimmy Malcom, a former employ of Petit Jean Poultry, which closed its Arkadephia plant in 2011 after the company lost a contract with Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale. Wilson, who's been doing odd jobs since the plant closed, is hoping to join up with Vikon Farms.
The California company announced Monday that it is purchasing the plant and will re-start operations there, looking to employ 172 people.
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- One Bank Takes Claims Against David Crews to Federal Bankruptcy Court 3 days ago
- Thomas Longe Appointed to Home BancShares Board of Directors 1 day ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago