In this video, THV 11 News' Dustin Wilson talks to Jimmy Malcom, a former employ of Petit Jean Poultry, which closed its Arkadephia plant in 2011 after the company lost a contract with Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale. Wilson, who's been doing odd jobs since the plant closed, is hoping to join up with Vikon Farms.
The California company announced Monday that it is purchasing the plant and will re-start operations there, looking to employ 172 people.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: Homes, Businesses Without Power; Flights Canceled at LIT, XNA 15 hours ago
- American Cancels Nearly 1,000 Flights Amid Ice Storm 15 hours ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 3 days ago
- UPDATE: Four KARK Employees Fired In Video Aftermath; Nexstar VP Apologizes 3 years ago
- Allens Inc. for Sale, Bankruptcy Filings Show 2 weeks ago