The August 2013 edition of Outside magazine.
The designation comes as part of the magazine's "Best Towns of 2013" feature, which lists Little Rock among 19 cities across the country. Here's a sample of what writer Matt Skenazy has to say:
“You can bike or run loops for miles,” says Leah Thorvilson, 34, a marathoner who works at GoRunning, a local store. Life here isn’t just about sweat, though; thanks to a strong aerospace industry, the town’s economy is one of the most stable in the South, and residents convene at a twice-weekly farmers’ market, free weekly summer jazz concerts in the River Market district, and Pinnacle Mountain State Park, with 2,356 acres of hiking and mountain biking.
You can read the full feature on Outside's "Best Towns" right here.
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600
- Online Advertisers Back Mark Pryor, Other Democrats
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Bank Directors Predict More Mergers, Acquisitions in 2014 4 days ago
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600 9 hours ago
- VIC Portfolio Company Announces Patent for Brain Health Product 10 hours ago
- Cooper Clinic Sues Mercy Over Recruitment Tactics 2 weeks ago
- Arvest Plans Consumer Sentiment Survey for Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma 10 hours ago