The August 2013 edition of Outside magazine.
The designation comes as part of the magazine's "Best Towns of 2013" feature, which lists Little Rock among 19 cities across the country. Here's a sample of what writer Matt Skenazy has to say:
“You can bike or run loops for miles,” says Leah Thorvilson, 34, a marathoner who works at GoRunning, a local store. Life here isn’t just about sweat, though; thanks to a strong aerospace industry, the town’s economy is one of the most stable in the South, and residents convene at a twice-weekly farmers’ market, free weekly summer jazz concerts in the River Market district, and Pinnacle Mountain State Park, with 2,356 acres of hiking and mountain biking.
You can read the full feature on Outside's "Best Towns" right here.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Central Arkansas Medical Centers Collaborate, Compete in Tight Health Care Market 3 hours ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 3 hours ago
- Slim Chickens' Goal: By 2025, 600 Outlets 3 hours ago
- Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson Rides Up High in His Super Truck 6 years ago
- Debate Might Not Change Arkansas Senate Race (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 10 hours ago