The August 2013 edition of Outside magazine.
The designation comes as part of the magazine's "Best Towns of 2013" feature, which lists Little Rock among 19 cities across the country. Here's a sample of what writer Matt Skenazy has to say:
“You can bike or run loops for miles,” says Leah Thorvilson, 34, a marathoner who works at GoRunning, a local store. Life here isn’t just about sweat, though; thanks to a strong aerospace industry, the town’s economy is one of the most stable in the South, and residents convene at a twice-weekly farmers’ market, free weekly summer jazz concerts in the River Market district, and Pinnacle Mountain State Park, with 2,356 acres of hiking and mountain biking.
You can read the full feature on Outside's "Best Towns" right here.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Rick Crawford Among 5 to Oppose VA Overhaul Measure 5 hours ago
- Updated: Southwest Times Record Lays Off 37 In Printing Move 1 day ago
- Superior Industries to Close Plant in Rogers, Leave 500 Out of Work 1 day ago
- Zilkha Biomass Announces $90M Facility, 52 Jobs in Monticello 1 day ago
- Home BancShares Announces Purchase of Another Florida Bank 1 day ago