The August 2013 edition of Outside magazine.
The designation comes as part of the magazine's "Best Towns of 2013" feature, which lists Little Rock among 19 cities across the country. Here's a sample of what writer Matt Skenazy has to say:
“You can bike or run loops for miles,” says Leah Thorvilson, 34, a marathoner who works at GoRunning, a local store. Life here isn’t just about sweat, though; thanks to a strong aerospace industry, the town’s economy is one of the most stable in the South, and residents convene at a twice-weekly farmers’ market, free weekly summer jazz concerts in the River Market district, and Pinnacle Mountain State Park, with 2,356 acres of hiking and mountain biking.
You can read the full feature on Outside's "Best Towns" right here.
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- First Arkansas Bank Sues NLR Businessman John Rogers for $14.2M 1 month ago
- Second Suit Names Closed Crittenden Regional Hospital 5 hours ago
- One Bank Takes Claims Against David Crews to Federal Bankruptcy Court 5 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 5 hours ago