The August 2013 edition of Outside magazine.
The designation comes as part of the magazine's "Best Towns of 2013" feature, which lists Little Rock among 19 cities across the country. Here's a sample of what writer Matt Skenazy has to say:
“You can bike or run loops for miles,” says Leah Thorvilson, 34, a marathoner who works at GoRunning, a local store. Life here isn’t just about sweat, though; thanks to a strong aerospace industry, the town’s economy is one of the most stable in the South, and residents convene at a twice-weekly farmers’ market, free weekly summer jazz concerts in the River Market district, and Pinnacle Mountain State Park, with 2,356 acres of hiking and mountain biking.
You can read the full feature on Outside's "Best Towns" right here.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- 181 People Who Have Got the Power 13 hours ago
- Immigration Reform Now (Editorial) 13 hours ago
- Value Place Hotel Visited by $4M Sale (Real Deals) 13 hours ago
- One Bank Turns Attention to Scooter Stuart Life Insurance Payouts 13 hours ago
- Big River Steel's John Correnti on Government's Role in Private-Sector Projects? 'Stay Out' 13 hours ago