Ashley Ketz, a Batesville native joining the KARK anchor desk alongside Bob Clausen.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group wasted little time announcing a new anchor to replace Jessica Dean.
The company said Tuesday that Ashley Ketz, an anchor at Nexstar's KOLR-TV, Channel 10, in Springfield, Mo., will join KARK-TV, Channel 4, in Little Rock in September.
"I am beyond thankful and excited for the opportunity to come back to the great state of Arkansas and work for the station I grew up watching," Ketz, a Batesville native, said in a news release.
Ketz will anchor the 5, 6 and 10 p.m. weekday newscasts alongside long-time KARK anchor Bob Clausen. Dean, who had been with KARK since 2010, announced Monday that she is leaving the station to join the CBS affiliate in Philadelphia, a market ranked No. 4 in the country.
Most recently, Ketz has been evening anchor at KOLR. She began her career in 2006 as a reporter for northwest Arkansas CBS affiliate KFSM-TV, Channel 5.
Ketz's arrival in Little Rock also means the return of former KARK personality Aaron Nolan, who is Ketz's husband. Nolan, who has been working for KOLR's sister station KOLZ, spent four years at KARK as a sports anchor and reporter and later worked for another Nexstar station, KNWA-TV, in northwest Arkansas.
Returning to Little Rock, Nolan will co-anchor "Arkansas Today," KARK's statwide weekday noon news show.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: Forecasters Upgrade Parts of Arkansas to Winter Warning 4 hours ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 2 days ago
- Arkansas Best to Close 30 Service Terminals 3 hours ago
- Mike Beebe to Farm Bureau: 'Good People' Should Seek Office, Farmers Needed More Than Ever 20 hours ago
- Report: States More Lax Than Feds on Judge Rules 1 day ago