Pilgrim's Pride, which in October announced it would close its feed mill in Hope, has announced this week that it will close its Batesville plant, putting 400 people out of work.
According to THV 11 News, local economic development leaders and the quorum court have approved an incentive package to attract news businesses to the site. Ozark Mountain Poultry in Rogers has already expressed an interest.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 4 days ago
- Rick Crawford Among 5 to Oppose VA Overhaul Measure 15 hours ago
- Our Community, Our Dollars Ends Efforts in Faulkner, Craighead Counties 4 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 4 days ago
- NERA Study: EPA Regs Would Cost Arkansas Jobs, Millions in Compliance 12 hours ago