Pilgrim's Pride, which in October announced it would close its feed mill in Hope, has announced this week that it will close its Batesville plant, putting 400 people out of work.
According to THV 11 News, local economic development leaders and the quorum court have approved an incentive package to attract news businesses to the site. Ozark Mountain Poultry in Rogers has already expressed an interest.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Spar over Tax Cuts, Ads in Debate 3 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Harrison Bank Files Lawsuit Against Dennis Smiley 19 hours ago
- Simmons First National Bank to Close 27 Branches 8 months ago
- U.S. Marshals Museum Gets $5M Pledge 2 days ago