Susan Sarandon, left, and daughter Eva Amurri Martino, far right, in Cambodia in 2011 for Heifer International.
Heifer International of Little Rock said Friday that it will honor Academy Award-winning actress Susan Sarandon at its 2nd Annual "Beyond Hunger: A Place at the Table" gala event on Sept. 19 at the Montage Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles.
The event will also feature country music trio The Band Perry.
Event co-hosts include Geena Davis, Jon Heder and Sarandon's daughter, Eva Amurri Martino. Proceeds from the gala will go to Heifer's worldwide efforts to fight hunger and poverty.
Demonstrating her commitment to promoting and advancing the mission of Heifer International, Susan Sarandon advocates for Heifer through field visits, events and speaking opportunities. In 2011, Sarandon traveled with her daughter, Eva Amurri Martino, to Cambodia to witness first-hand Heifer’s fieldwork including participating in a Passing on the Gift ceremony where families pass on the first female livestock offspring to another community member in need.
- Kevin Delaney Back on 'Tonight Show' on Nov. 7
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Video: Mary Steenburgen Talks to CBS News From South on Main Restaurant 1 year ago
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Crystal Bridges Announces 2015 Exhibits, Including Warhol, van Gogh, Pollock 4 days ago