Susan Sarandon, left, and daughter Eva Amurri Martino, far right, in Cambodia in 2011 for Heifer International.
Heifer International of Little Rock said Friday that it will honor Academy Award-winning actress Susan Sarandon at its 2nd Annual "Beyond Hunger: A Place at the Table" gala event on Sept. 19 at the Montage Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles.
The event will also feature country music trio The Band Perry.
Event co-hosts include Geena Davis, Jon Heder and Sarandon's daughter, Eva Amurri Martino. Proceeds from the gala will go to Heifer's worldwide efforts to fight hunger and poverty.
Demonstrating her commitment to promoting and advancing the mission of Heifer International, Susan Sarandon advocates for Heifer through field visits, events and speaking opportunities. In 2011, Sarandon traveled with her daughter, Eva Amurri Martino, to Cambodia to witness first-hand Heifer’s fieldwork including participating in a Passing on the Gift ceremony where families pass on the first female livestock offspring to another community member in need.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 18 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 19 hours ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 5 days ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 21 hours ago