Alliance Rubber Co. of Hot Springs is a nominee in Martha Stewart’s Second Annual American Made competition.
Alliance is the largest rubber band maker in the U.S. and has remained a family-owned company since its 1923 founding in Alliance, Ohio. In 1944, it moved to Hot Springs. The competition is a nod to Stewart's start as owner of a small catering business and is designed to honor American manufacturers.
Ten winners will be chosen by the editors of Martha Stewart Living magazine while an online vote will determine "Audience Choice" winners in the following categories: Craft, Design, Food, Garden, Style and Tech. Alliance is a nominee in the Craft category.
Earlier this year, Alliance took home a global trade award recognizing it as one of the state's top exporting copmpanies.
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- Maumelle Warehouse Attracts $11.2M Sale (Real Deals) 6 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 6 hours ago
- Baptist Health Struck With Buyer's Remorse Over WLR School Deal 6 hours ago
- One Bank Takes Claims Against David Crews to Federal Bankruptcy Court 6 hours ago