Alliance Rubber Co. of Hot Springs is a nominee in Martha Stewart’s Second Annual American Made competition.
Alliance is the largest rubber band maker in the U.S. and has remained a family-owned company since its 1923 founding in Alliance, Ohio. In 1944, it moved to Hot Springs. The competition is a nod to Stewart's start as owner of a small catering business and is designed to honor American manufacturers.
Ten winners will be chosen by the editors of Martha Stewart Living magazine while an online vote will determine "Audience Choice" winners in the following categories: Craft, Design, Food, Garden, Style and Tech. Alliance is a nominee in the Craft category.
Earlier this year, Alliance took home a global trade award recognizing it as one of the state's top exporting copmpanies.
- Report: Wal-Mart CFO Claims 'Very Good Sales' Lately
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Federal Jury Finds Martha Shoffner Guilty of Bribery, Extortion 8 hours ago
- Securities Department Goes After Firm That Did Business With Martha Shoffner's Office 17 hours ago
- QualChoice Deal With Catholic Health Initiatives Getting Closer 2 days ago
- Sherman Brothers Trucking Faces $100k in OSHA Penalties 4 months ago
- Veteran Restaurateur Denis Seyer Recharged After 4-Year Hiatus 2 days ago