Alliance Rubber Co. of Hot Springs is a nominee in Martha Stewart’s Second Annual American Made competition.
Alliance is the largest rubber band maker in the U.S. and has remained a family-owned company since its 1923 founding in Alliance, Ohio. In 1944, it moved to Hot Springs. The competition is a nod to Stewart's start as owner of a small catering business and is designed to honor American manufacturers.
Ten winners will be chosen by the editors of Martha Stewart Living magazine while an online vote will determine "Audience Choice" winners in the following categories: Craft, Design, Food, Garden, Style and Tech. Alliance is a nominee in the Craft category.
Earlier this year, Alliance took home a global trade award recognizing it as one of the state's top exporting copmpanies.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Windstream to Spin Off Some Assets Into Publicly Traded REIT 9 hours ago
- Warren Stephens Bets on Britain's Bathstore 2 days ago
- Crystal Bridges Names New Curators 1 day ago
- For First Time, Jimmy Dean Moves Beyond Breakfast 6 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 2 days ago