Alliance Rubber Co. of Hot Springs is a nominee in Martha Stewart’s Second Annual American Made competition.
Alliance is the largest rubber band maker in the U.S. and has remained a family-owned company since its 1923 founding in Alliance, Ohio. In 1944, it moved to Hot Springs. The competition is a nod to Stewart's start as owner of a small catering business and is designed to honor American manufacturers.
Ten winners will be chosen by the editors of Martha Stewart Living magazine while an online vote will determine "Audience Choice" winners in the following categories: Craft, Design, Food, Garden, Style and Tech. Alliance is a nominee in the Craft category.
Earlier this year, Alliance took home a global trade award recognizing it as one of the state's top exporting copmpanies.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 2 days ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 1 day ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago