Alliance Rubber Co. of Hot Springs is a nominee in Martha Stewart’s Second Annual American Made competition.
Alliance is the largest rubber band maker in the U.S. and has remained a family-owned company since its 1923 founding in Alliance, Ohio. In 1944, it moved to Hot Springs. The competition is a nod to Stewart's start as owner of a small catering business and is designed to honor American manufacturers.
Ten winners will be chosen by the editors of Martha Stewart Living magazine while an online vote will determine "Audience Choice" winners in the following categories: Craft, Design, Food, Garden, Style and Tech. Alliance is a nominee in the Craft category.
Earlier this year, Alliance took home a global trade award recognizing it as one of the state's top exporting copmpanies.
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Windstream to Cut 350 Positions by Dec. 1 5 hours ago
- Grub's Bar & Grille Expands to Fort Smith 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Report: Warren Stephens Connected to $31M Pebble Beach Mansion 6 days ago
- 2 Courts Set To Take Up Gay Marriage In Arkansas 9 hours ago