Jessica Dean at Philly.com.
The Philadelphia Inquirer's TV critic, David Hiltbrand, talks with former KARK-TV, Channel 4, anchor Jessica Dean on the eve of her Philly TV debut. You'll remember that last month, Dean announced she was leaving the Nexstar Broadcasting Group-owned NBC affiliate in Little Rock to join KYW-TV, Channel 3, the Philadelphia CBS affiliate.
Dean's now settled in and ready for cameras to roll. Her first newscast, alongside co-anchor and fellow Arkansas native Chris May, is set for 5 p.m. Monday. You can see a photo of the two right here.
Hiltbrand's full conversation with Dean is here. Among the topics: barbecue, "Murphy Brown" and covering her first natural disaster while attending the University of Southern California.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Superior Industries to Close Plant in Rogers, Leave 500 Out of Work 12 hours ago
- Home BancShares Announces Purchase of Another Florida Bank 12 hours ago
- 15 Years Later, Murder-Suicide Fades From View (Fifth Monday) 1 decade ago
- Hospitals, Medical Society At Odds Over New Legislation 3 days ago
- Zilkha Biomass Announces $90M Facility, 52 Jobs in Monticello 10 hours ago