Jessica Dean at Philly.com.
The Philadelphia Inquirer's TV critic, David Hiltbrand, talks with former KARK-TV, Channel 4, anchor Jessica Dean on the eve of her Philly TV debut. You'll remember that last month, Dean announced she was leaving the Nexstar Broadcasting Group-owned NBC affiliate in Little Rock to join KYW-TV, Channel 3, the Philadelphia CBS affiliate.
Dean's now settled in and ready for cameras to roll. Her first newscast, alongside co-anchor and fellow Arkansas native Chris May, is set for 5 p.m. Monday. You can see a photo of the two right here.
Hiltbrand's full conversation with Dean is here. Among the topics: barbecue, "Murphy Brown" and covering her first natural disaster while attending the University of Southern California.
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 18 hours ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 18 hours ago
- Maumelle Warehouse Attracts $11.2M Sale (Real Deals) 18 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 18 hours ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 18 hours ago