Jessica Dean at Philly.com.
The Philadelphia Inquirer's TV critic, David Hiltbrand, talks with former KARK-TV, Channel 4, anchor Jessica Dean on the eve of her Philly TV debut. You'll remember that last month, Dean announced she was leaving the Nexstar Broadcasting Group-owned NBC affiliate in Little Rock to join KYW-TV, Channel 3, the Philadelphia CBS affiliate.
Dean's now settled in and ready for cameras to roll. Her first newscast, alongside co-anchor and fellow Arkansas native Chris May, is set for 5 p.m. Monday. You can see a photo of the two right here.
Hiltbrand's full conversation with Dean is here. Among the topics: barbecue, "Murphy Brown" and covering her first natural disaster while attending the University of Southern California.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 3 days ago
- Arkansas Baptist Gets $30M to Repay Debt, Get Back on Track 6 days ago