As has been noted elsewhere, Shane Broadway, the interim director of the state Department of Higher Education, has applied to become its permanent director. This, after the state Legislature voted in the previous session to change the qualifications for applicants.
In all, there's 20 applicants for the post, including eight from Arkansas. According to a note Friday from search committee chairman Kaneaster Hodges, the committee is now reviewing the applications and expects to schedule a meeting "within the next two weeks."
Until then, you can download and review for yourself the complete list of all 20 applicants right here (PDF).
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- Sager Sells Allens Properties to Jim Bob Duggar 1 day ago
- If Arkansas Goes Wet, ABC Has Plan 1 day ago
- Boscos Closes River Market District Restaurant 23 hours ago
- Wal-Mart: Tracy Morgan Wasn't Wearing Seatbelt in Crash 16 hours ago
- FDIC Sues Members of Acme's Golden Family over Unpaid Loans 1 day ago