As has been noted elsewhere, Shane Broadway, the interim director of the state Department of Higher Education, has applied to become its permanent director. This, after the state Legislature voted in the previous session to change the qualifications for applicants.
In all, there's 20 applicants for the post, including eight from Arkansas. According to a note Friday from search committee chairman Kaneaster Hodges, the committee is now reviewing the applications and expects to schedule a meeting "within the next two weeks."
Until then, you can download and review for yourself the complete list of all 20 applicants right here (PDF).
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: Homes, Businesses Without Power; Flights Canceled at LIT, XNA 8 hours ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 3 days ago
- American Cancels Nearly 1,000 Flights Amid Ice Storm 8 hours ago
- Stratton's Market Growing In Both Size and Offerings 5 days ago
- Arkansas Best to Close 30 Service Terminals 1 day ago