As has been noted elsewhere, Shane Broadway, the interim director of the state Department of Higher Education, has applied to become its permanent director. This, after the state Legislature voted in the previous session to change the qualifications for applicants.
In all, there's 20 applicants for the post, including eight from Arkansas. According to a note Friday from search committee chairman Kaneaster Hodges, the committee is now reviewing the applications and expects to schedule a meeting "within the next two weeks."
Until then, you can download and review for yourself the complete list of all 20 applicants right here (PDF).
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 1 week ago
- Arkansas' Model Medicaid Experiment, the Private Option, in Jeopardy 22 hours ago
- Allen Kerr Named Insurance Commissioner; Sheila Sharp Retained as Community Correction Director 1 day ago
- Windstream Details REIT Stock Structure, Plans Special Meeting 3 hours ago
- Prudent Planning Pays Off for Cooper Communities 3 days ago