General Manager Mark Rose announced the dedication of the Channel 7 news studio in honor of Dale.
Also the announcement of the Dale Nicholson Scholarship and our owners, the Albritons, donated $5000 to the scholarship.
The Allbrittons, of course, is the family that's owned KATV since the early 1980s. Allbritton Communications Corp. announced in July that it would sell KATV and the other ABC affiliates it owns to Sinclair Broadcast Group.
Also Friday, the city dedicated a new sculpture park, also named for Nicholson, at Riverfront Park. The Nicholson Sculpture Park features two sculptures: one donated by Nicholson to honor his wife, Patty, after she died, and another donated by Sculpture at the River Market in honor of Nicholson.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- French Hill Criticized in GOP Debate Over Donation 5 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Debate Might Not Change Arkansas Senate Race (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 5 hours ago
- $150 Million Sale Brings an End To Wilson Empire 3 years ago
- Rickenbach Indictment Reveals More Details of One Bank Under Scooter Stuart 7 days ago