General Manager Mark Rose announced the dedication of the Channel 7 news studio in honor of Dale.
Also the announcement of the Dale Nicholson Scholarship and our owners, the Albritons, donated $5000 to the scholarship.
The Allbrittons, of course, is the family that's owned KATV since the early 1980s. Allbritton Communications Corp. announced in July that it would sell KATV and the other ABC affiliates it owns to Sinclair Broadcast Group.
Also Friday, the city dedicated a new sculpture park, also named for Nicholson, at Riverfront Park. The Nicholson Sculpture Park features two sculptures: one donated by Nicholson to honor his wife, Patty, after she died, and another donated by Sculpture at the River Market in honor of Nicholson.
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Seven-Year Campaign Raises $167M 12 hours ago