General Manager Mark Rose announced the dedication of the Channel 7 news studio in honor of Dale.
Also the announcement of the Dale Nicholson Scholarship and our owners, the Albritons, donated $5000 to the scholarship.
The Allbrittons, of course, is the family that's owned KATV since the early 1980s. Allbritton Communications Corp. announced in July that it would sell KATV and the other ABC affiliates it owns to Sinclair Broadcast Group.
Also Friday, the city dedicated a new sculpture park, also named for Nicholson, at Riverfront Park. The Nicholson Sculpture Park features two sculptures: one donated by Nicholson to honor his wife, Patty, after she died, and another donated by Sculpture at the River Market in honor of Nicholson.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Immigration Reform Now (Editorial) 3 hours ago
- Three More Restaurants Raise Bar on List of Mixed Drink Sales 1 week ago
- Big River Steel's John Correnti on Government's Role in Private-Sector Projects? 'Stay Out' 3 hours ago
- Tyson Foods Closing 3 Plants in Iowa, NY, NM 11 hours ago
- Warren Stephens Bets on Britain's Bathstore 3 hours ago