General Manager Mark Rose announced the dedication of the Channel 7 news studio in honor of Dale.
Also the announcement of the Dale Nicholson Scholarship and our owners, the Albritons, donated $5000 to the scholarship.
The Allbrittons, of course, is the family that's owned KATV since the early 1980s. Allbritton Communications Corp. announced in July that it would sell KATV and the other ABC affiliates it owns to Sinclair Broadcast Group.
Also Friday, the city dedicated a new sculpture park, also named for Nicholson, at Riverfront Park. The Nicholson Sculpture Park features two sculptures: one donated by Nicholson to honor his wife, Patty, after she died, and another donated by Sculpture at the River Market in honor of Nicholson.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Presents 2014's 'The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s' 19 hours ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 19 hours ago
- Argenta Community Development Corp. Weighs Its Future 19 hours ago
- Landers Auto Dealership Drives $22.1M Toyota Sale (Real Deals) 19 hours ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 19 hours ago