John Boozman's having a heck of week. First, there was that Politico story detailing his taking Ted Cruz to the woodshed in a closed door meeting of Republicans.
Now, his Friday vote for cloture on a House bill that defunds Obamacare is drawing criticism from the Tea Party and others who oppose the new health law, at least on the Facebook post embedded above, where people unhappy with the Arkansas Republican Senator's vote vastly outnumber those who support it.
Tough thing to be what many consider a "moderate" Republican these days. Especially when, as Atlantic columnist James Fallows noted Friday, the big fight of the day isn't between Democrats and Republicans, but Republicans and Republicans, and "the fight is over whether compromise itself is legitimate."
You can see Boozman's full statement on Friday's votes here.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Asa Hutchinson Announces Senior Staff Hires 1 day ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 2 days ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post 7 hours ago
- US Attorney Files to Dismiss Mail Fraud Charges Against Martha Shoffner 6 hours ago
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer 10 hours ago