Above, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reporter Cathy Frye and photographer Rick McFarland talk about their harrowing days lost in Big Bend Ranch state park in Texas, which the Democrat-Gazette has reported on extensively over the last two days. You can also read the Associated Press account here.
In the above video, which aired on the CBS "Early Show" today, Frye talks from a hospital bed, and her husband McFarland describes the moment when he left his wife to find help:
"I knew one of us has to go, because if we stay there we're gonna die, there was just no way around it," said McFarland." "We said our 'I love you's' to each other and she wanted me to tell the kids to make sure to let them know she tried."
The full story here.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 1 year ago
- Saline County Timberland Packed Into $13.5M Sale 7 hours ago
- Teamsters Deal Brings Flexibility, Value to ABF 7 hours ago
- Wal-Mart's Costs Connected To Mexican Bribery Case Reach $400M 7 hours ago
- Nearly $3 Million Still Sought in Rogers Bancshares Bankruptcy 7 hours ago