Above, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reporter Cathy Frye and photographer Rick McFarland talk about their harrowing days lost in Big Bend Ranch state park in Texas, which the Democrat-Gazette has reported on extensively over the last two days. You can also read the Associated Press account here.
In the above video, which aired on the CBS "Early Show" today, Frye talks from a hospital bed, and her husband McFarland describes the moment when he left his wife to find help:
"I knew one of us has to go, because if we stay there we're gonna die, there was just no way around it," said McFarland." "We said our 'I love you's' to each other and she wanted me to tell the kids to make sure to let them know she tried."
The full story here.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Beaudet Aviation to Land at Little Rock, Create 75 Jobs 11 hours ago
- Hanna Still Believes in Arkoma Basin's Future 3 days ago
- Leaders Say New School District Will Boost Businesses in Jacksonville 12 hours ago
- Peter Banko to Oversee Multiple CHI Hospitals 10 hours ago
- Freight Brokerage Company to Open Lowell Facility 1 day ago