Above, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reporter Cathy Frye and photographer Rick McFarland talk about their harrowing days lost in Big Bend Ranch state park in Texas, which the Democrat-Gazette has reported on extensively over the last two days. You can also read the Associated Press account here.
In the above video, which aired on the CBS "Early Show" today, Frye talks from a hospital bed, and her husband McFarland describes the moment when he left his wife to find help:
"I knew one of us has to go, because if we stay there we're gonna die, there was just no way around it," said McFarland." "We said our 'I love you's' to each other and she wanted me to tell the kids to make sure to let them know she tried."
The full story here.
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Company Plans $900M, 440-Mile Crude Oil Pipeline Across Arkansas 19 hours ago
- 8 Farmers File Fraud Lawsuit Against Turner Grain 2 days ago
- In Memphis, TVA Will Replace Coal with Natural Gas 18 hours ago
- Jonesboro Sun Says Police Chief Bullied Reporter 24 hours ago
- Co-op Ozark Natural Foods Preps for Whole Foods Competition in Fayetteville 4 days ago