In case you missed it, here's Arkansas native and "friend of Bill" Mary Steenburgen talking to "CBS Sunday Morning" about her career, her latest film and her new love, songwriting. The video, which debuted this morning, includes segments taped at South on Main restaurant in Little Rock, of which she and husband Ted Danson are partial owners.
The restaurant is special to Steenburgen for several reasons:
She and Danson recently invested in a restaurant in Little Rock called South on Main, celebrating both Southern food and Southern literature.
"We were going to have nothing much to do with it," said Danson, "and then, here were are, co-owners. But that's the whirlwind of creativity that is Mary."
It's run by Steenburgen's niece, Amy, and her husband, Mat Bell. It was in this very space some three decades ago where Steenburgen struck up a friendship that endures to this day -- Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Through thick and thin, she's been by their side ever since.
You can read the full story here.
More: See Soirée party pics of Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson at the Fifth Autumn Light Gala in 2009 and Mary Steenburgen at the Oxford American Gala honoring Morgan Freeman and Charles Portis in 2010. Also: Photos from the grand opening of South on Main here.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 10 hours ago
- Gray Divorce: Arkansas Attorneys On How Late-Life Splits Threaten Retirement 4 days ago
- Windstream Details REIT Stock Structure, Plans Special Meeting 11 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- ASU Hires Shane Broadway As VP for Governmental Relations 1 day ago