In case you missed it, here's Arkansas native and "friend of Bill" Mary Steenburgen talking to "CBS Sunday Morning" about her career, her latest film and her new love, songwriting. The video, which debuted this morning, includes segments taped at South on Main restaurant in Little Rock, of which she and husband Ted Danson are partial owners.
The restaurant is special to Steenburgen for several reasons:
She and Danson recently invested in a restaurant in Little Rock called South on Main, celebrating both Southern food and Southern literature.
"We were going to have nothing much to do with it," said Danson, "and then, here were are, co-owners. But that's the whirlwind of creativity that is Mary."
It's run by Steenburgen's niece, Amy, and her husband, Mat Bell. It was in this very space some three decades ago where Steenburgen struck up a friendship that endures to this day -- Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Through thick and thin, she's been by their side ever since.
You can read the full story here.
More: See Soirée party pics of Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson at the Fifth Autumn Light Gala in 2009 and Mary Steenburgen at the Oxford American Gala honoring Morgan Freeman and Charles Portis in 2010. Also: Photos from the grand opening of South on Main here.
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Wall Street Journal Goes Inside Tyson Foods' China Chicken Farms
- In El Dorado, Murphy to Open 1,200th Gas Station
- Cooper Clinic Sues Mercy Over Recruitment Tactics 1 week ago
- Siloam Springs Gets Downtown Jumpin' Again (Main Street Preservation | Winner, Between 5,000-20,000) 2 days ago
- Citizens Bank Puts Phil Baldwin To Work On Growth 2 days ago
- City Leads the Way in Lake Village's Main Street Rebirth (Main Street Preservation | Winner, Fewer than 5,000) 2 days ago
- In El Dorado, Murphy to Open 1,200th Gas Station 16 hours ago