Tandra Watkins, pastry chef at Ashley's and the Capital Bar & Grill.
The Capital Hotel has confirmed to our sister site, InArkansas.com, that its star executive pastry chef, Tandra Watkins, is moving to Miami next month. The reason? A job offer her husband couldn't refuse.
Watkins has been at the hotel since 2007, and she's racked up plenty of awards and recognition for her work.
She is a native of Arkansas who made her way through the entire program at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris to perfect her skills. After school, she returned home and was handpicked to command the pastry kitchen at the Capital Hotel.
In February, she was nominated by James Beard Foundation as semi-finalist for its 2013 title of Outstanding Pastry Chef -- a very prestigious honor for any chef. And, shortly after, Watkins was nominated for Food & Wine's "The People's Best New Pastry Chef Award."
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Securities Department Goes After Firm That Did Business With Martha Shoffner's Office 6 hours ago
- 6 Arkansas Banks Lost Money in 2013 4 hours ago
- Acumen's Goal: To Own the Southern Lifestyle Marketplace 2 days ago
- Martha Shoffner Defense Rests Without Calling Witnesses 4 hours ago
- Steele Stephens: Gave Payments, Received $2.5M in State Commissions 21 hours ago