Tandra Watkins, pastry chef at Ashley's and the Capital Bar & Grill.
The Capital Hotel has confirmed to our sister site, InArkansas.com, that its star executive pastry chef, Tandra Watkins, is moving to Miami next month. The reason? A job offer her husband couldn't refuse.
Watkins has been at the hotel since 2007, and she's racked up plenty of awards and recognition for her work.
She is a native of Arkansas who made her way through the entire program at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris to perfect her skills. After school, she returned home and was handpicked to command the pastry kitchen at the Capital Hotel.
In February, she was nominated by James Beard Foundation as semi-finalist for its 2013 title of Outstanding Pastry Chef -- a very prestigious honor for any chef. And, shortly after, Watkins was nominated for Food & Wine's "The People's Best New Pastry Chef Award."
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- $150 Million Sale Brings an End To Wilson Empire 3 years ago
- BKD Tops List of Largest Accounting Firms 8 years ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 1 year ago
- Shoe Company Munro Laying Off 56 in Hot Springs 2 days ago