Tandra Watkins, pastry chef at Ashley's and the Capital Bar & Grill.
The Capital Hotel has confirmed to our sister site, InArkansas.com, that its star executive pastry chef, Tandra Watkins, is moving to Miami next month. The reason? A job offer her husband couldn't refuse.
Watkins has been at the hotel since 2007, and she's racked up plenty of awards and recognition for her work.
She is a native of Arkansas who made her way through the entire program at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris to perfect her skills. After school, she returned home and was handpicked to command the pastry kitchen at the Capital Hotel.
In February, she was nominated by James Beard Foundation as semi-finalist for its 2013 title of Outstanding Pastry Chef -- a very prestigious honor for any chef. And, shortly after, Watkins was nominated for Food & Wine's "The People's Best New Pastry Chef Award."
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Stacey Schwartz Resigns as CEO of World Services for the Blind 8 hours ago
- Cody Metheny Parents: Hands Tied, Cannot Pay $2.1M Judgment 20 hours ago
- West Little Rock Retail Rings Up $4.5M Purchase (Real Deals) 20 hours ago
- John Roberts Elected to Board of Fed's Eighth District 8 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago