Tandra Watkins, pastry chef at Ashley's and the Capital Bar & Grill.
The Capital Hotel has confirmed to our sister site, InArkansas.com, that its star executive pastry chef, Tandra Watkins, is moving to Miami next month. The reason? A job offer her husband couldn't refuse.
Watkins has been at the hotel since 2007, and she's racked up plenty of awards and recognition for her work.
She is a native of Arkansas who made her way through the entire program at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris to perfect her skills. After school, she returned home and was handpicked to command the pastry kitchen at the Capital Hotel.
In February, she was nominated by James Beard Foundation as semi-finalist for its 2013 title of Outstanding Pastry Chef -- a very prestigious honor for any chef. And, shortly after, Watkins was nominated for Food & Wine's "The People's Best New Pastry Chef Award."
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 10 months ago
- ASU Discusses Osteopathic Medical School with NYIT 6 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 1 year ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 4 days ago
- $1.7M Transaction Visits Motel 6 Property (Real Deals) 6 days ago