Folks brave enough to deal with traffic and crowds were among the first to step in inside the 120,000-SF Bass Pro Shops at the Gateway Town Center in Little Rock on Wednesday night.
The grand opening event, which featured celebrities including Nascar Driver Tony Stewart, Jimmy Houston of the "Jimmy Houston Outdoors" TV Show, legendary bass angler Bill Dance, Miss Arkansas USA Hannah Billingsley, has been a long time coming for fans of the outdoor superstore.
Last night, Arkansas Business was able to get a peek inside the store before the crowds rushed in, getting some photos during a reception featuring Bass Pro founder Johnny Morris and store manager Will Anderson.
Click the photo above to see a slideshow from the event.
Also, you can revisit our 2012 cover story on Tommy Hodges, the Gateway Town Center developer who finally lured Bass Pro to Arkansas.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- The Home of Outrageous Service (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 43 to State Boards, Commissions 1 day ago
- Arkansas Venture Center Names Operations Team 13 hours ago
- With Rollin' Smoke, Arkansas Natives Rock BBQ World in Las Vegas 3 days ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago