Folks brave enough to deal with traffic and crowds were among the first to step in inside the 120,000-SF Bass Pro Shops at the Gateway Town Center in Little Rock on Wednesday night.
The grand opening event, which featured celebrities including Nascar Driver Tony Stewart, Jimmy Houston of the "Jimmy Houston Outdoors" TV Show, legendary bass angler Bill Dance, Miss Arkansas USA Hannah Billingsley, has been a long time coming for fans of the outdoor superstore.
Last night, Arkansas Business was able to get a peek inside the store before the crowds rushed in, getting some photos during a reception featuring Bass Pro founder Johnny Morris and store manager Will Anderson.
Click the photo above to see a slideshow from the event.
Also, you can revisit our 2012 cover story on Tommy Hodges, the Gateway Town Center developer who finally lured Bass Pro to Arkansas.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Brandon Barber Should Serve About 20 Years, Feds Say 3 days ago
- Arkansas Business' 25 Wealthiest Arkansans (25th Anniversary) 5 years ago
- Tyson Foods Closing 3 Plants in Iowa, NY, NM 7 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 7 days ago