With Startup Weekend having just wrapped up in Fayetteville and Global Entrepreneurship Week kicking off in Little Rock tonight, it's a big week for entrepreneurs in Arkansas.
Mark Carter, editor of the technology and entrepreneurship website Innovate Arkansas, is covering all the action on the INOV8 Blog. Among today's posts:
- This dispatch from Brian Rogers, the director of Arkansas State University's Catalyst Innovation Accelerator, who talks about the IDEA Tech Fest held recently in Jonesboro. The event included a G60 elevator pitch content and BarCamp. Organizers are considering a second IDEA Tech Fest for spring.
- Speaking of G60, INOV8's got video of last month's G60 event at The Joint in downtown North Little Rock. The clip features Keith Hoelzeman of Treatsie.com, Mike Smith of Innovate Arkansas and Jamie Fugitt, who organized the event.
- And the other news of the day: Joel Gordon, director of exhibits and facilities at the Museum of Discovery, has joined the Argenta Innovation Center as director of The Launch Pad, an area of the center focused on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. The Launch Pad will occupy more than 6,000 SF in the Innovation Hub's Argenta Innovation Center and is expected to open in the spring.
INOV8 will have more on Fayetteville's Startup Weekend later today. As for Global Entrepreneurship Week, it begins at 5:30 p.m. at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce with a panel on women business founders, including Millie Ward, CEO of Stone Ward of Little Rock.
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- One Bank Takes Claims Against David Crews to Federal Bankruptcy Court 3 days ago
- Thomas Longe Appointed to Home BancShares Board of Directors 1 day ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago