AOL's Daily Finance has been combing through U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings for a look at what Stephens Investment Management Group LLC, the Houston-based mutual money-management division of Stephens Inc. of Little Rock, is buying and dumping.
Among the firm's newest holdings:
- DreamWorks Animation SKG
- The Bancorp
- 3D Systems
- Applied Materials
Of those, Daily Finance notes that 3D Systems has been on an especially good run, with shares up "some 140 percent over the past year, with some speculating that it might be acquired. Its industry holds much promise, and 3D is already delivering big growth numbers in its third quarter, though also tempering near-term expectations."
Stephens Investment also increased its stake in:
- Halcon Resources
Cree is an LED lighting company, and Halcon is an oil and gas firm with holdings in Texas and the Bakken Shale in North Dakota.
Finally, the firm reduced its stake in Tesla Motors and closed out of its holdings in Sourcefire and The Andersons. Sourcefire is firm being purchased by Cisco Systems.
Daily Finance has other notes and commentary on Stephens' investment activity here.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post; John Selig Asked to Stay at DHS 3 days ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 5 days ago
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List 4 days ago
- Blue & You Foundation Gives $2.6M in Grants 4 days ago