AOL's Daily Finance has been combing through U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings for a look at what Stephens Investment Management Group LLC, the Houston-based mutual money-management division of Stephens Inc. of Little Rock, is buying and dumping.
Among the firm's newest holdings:
- DreamWorks Animation SKG
- The Bancorp
- 3D Systems
- Applied Materials
Of those, Daily Finance notes that 3D Systems has been on an especially good run, with shares up "some 140 percent over the past year, with some speculating that it might be acquired. Its industry holds much promise, and 3D is already delivering big growth numbers in its third quarter, though also tempering near-term expectations."
Stephens Investment also increased its stake in:
- Halcon Resources
Cree is an LED lighting company, and Halcon is an oil and gas firm with holdings in Texas and the Bakken Shale in North Dakota.
Finally, the firm reduced its stake in Tesla Motors and closed out of its holdings in Sourcefire and The Andersons. Sourcefire is firm being purchased by Cisco Systems.
Daily Finance has other notes and commentary on Stephens' investment activity here.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 7 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 4 hours ago
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 4 hours ago
- University of Arkansas Alumna Gives $600k to Alma Mater 1 day ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 7 hours ago