A Murphy USA gas station. The company is currently building 18 new stories.
Murphy USA Inc. of El Dorado is opening its 1,200th gas station store.
The publicly traded company (NYSE: MUSA), spun off earlier this year from Murphy Oil Corp., plans to open the El Dorado store at 6 a.m. Wednesday. A grand opening celebration is scheduled for Dec. 20.
Like most other Murphy USA gas stations, the store is located near a Wal-Mart. This one is at 2720 N. West Ave.
According to Murphy USA:
The site will have eight gasoline and two diesel dispensers and will also include offerings of E15 and E85 for FlexFuel vehicles. The store will be Murphy USA's new larger design format which allows space to expand the traditional snack, tobacco and beverage offering to include cold beverage dispensers, coffee, and cappuccino, as well as a larger variety of snacks and non-food items. As with all new stores, this site will initially be open 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Andrew Clyde, Murphy USA's President and CEO, commented, "We are excited to achieve the 1,200th milestone by opening this site near our company headquarters which allows us to bring quality, affordable fuel to our neighbors and surrounding communities. We plan to continue our high standard of customer service and retail operations in our home town of El Dorado."
Murphy USA has stores in 23 states. It says it has 18 new stores under construction.
Since going public in August, shares of Murphy USA have risen from around $36 to about $45.
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Car-Mart Stays the Course in Low-Interest Environment 1 day ago
- Foreign Patent Trolls Threaten Arkansas Economy (Warwick Sabin Commentary) 1 day ago
- Greenway Picks 7 John Deere Dealerships in $112M Buy 1 day ago
- In Lee County, Judge Hears Details of Turner Grain, Related Companies 4 days ago