As you've probably heard by now, Arkansas State University has hired North Carolina offensive coordinator Blake Anderson has the new head coach of the Red Wolves football team. Anderson replaces Bryan Harsin, who left A-State last week to become the head coach at Boise State.
A-State officials, including System President Chuck Welch, Chancellor Tim Hudson and Athletic Director Terry Mohajir, hosted a news conference about two hours ago to introduce Anderson. Hudson said the university believes it's on a path a national prominence, and they believe Anderson can continue to lead them down that path.
We've received a copy of Anderson's agreement with the university. The five-year deal contains a first-year $3 million buyout should Anderson (God forbid, A-State fans say) resign during his first year. That's considerably larger than the $1.75 million first-year buyout A-State had with Harsin, who of course became the third head football coach in as many years to leave the university after one season.
Other notes from the letter:
- Total compensation of $700,000 per year.
- The second-year buyout is $3 million, the third and fourth years are $2 million and the fifth year is $1 million.
- Anderson will receive a $50,000 bonus for winning a conference championship and coaching in an NCAA-sanctioned bowl game.
- Other bonuses include $10,000 for being named conference coach of the year, $25,000 for being named national coach of the year and $100,000 for winning the BCS championship game.
- Anderson will also receive a cellphone, a courtesy vehicle and a membership at Ridgepointe Country Club in Jonesboro.
Full Document: Download a copy of the university's memorandum of understanding with Anderson (PDF).
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- Scooter Stuart's Tainted Assets Draw More Fire 1 day ago
- Dassault Falcon Jet to Break Ground on $60M Expansion in Little Rock 2 hours ago
- Greenway Picks 7 John Deere Dealerships in $112M Buy 1 day ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 1 day ago