As you've probably heard by now, Arkansas State University has hired North Carolina offensive coordinator Blake Anderson has the new head coach of the Red Wolves football team. Anderson replaces Bryan Harsin, who left A-State last week to become the head coach at Boise State.
A-State officials, including System President Chuck Welch, Chancellor Tim Hudson and Athletic Director Terry Mohajir, hosted a news conference about two hours ago to introduce Anderson. Hudson said the university believes it's on a path a national prominence, and they believe Anderson can continue to lead them down that path.
We've received a copy of Anderson's agreement with the university. The five-year deal contains a first-year $3 million buyout should Anderson (God forbid, A-State fans say) resign during his first year. That's considerably larger than the $1.75 million first-year buyout A-State had with Harsin, who of course became the third head football coach in as many years to leave the university after one season.
Other notes from the letter:
- Total compensation of $700,000 per year.
- The second-year buyout is $3 million, the third and fourth years are $2 million and the fifth year is $1 million.
- Anderson will receive a $50,000 bonus for winning a conference championship and coaching in an NCAA-sanctioned bowl game.
- Other bonuses include $10,000 for being named conference coach of the year, $25,000 for being named national coach of the year and $100,000 for winning the BCS championship game.
- Anderson will also receive a cellphone, a courtesy vehicle and a membership at Ridgepointe Country Club in Jonesboro.
Full Document: Download a copy of the university's memorandum of understanding with Anderson (PDF).
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 19 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 16 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 43 to State Boards, Commissions 2 days ago