As you've probably heard by now, Arkansas State University has hired North Carolina offensive coordinator Blake Anderson has the new head coach of the Red Wolves football team. Anderson replaces Bryan Harsin, who left A-State last week to become the head coach at Boise State.
A-State officials, including System President Chuck Welch, Chancellor Tim Hudson and Athletic Director Terry Mohajir, hosted a news conference about two hours ago to introduce Anderson. Hudson said the university believes it's on a path a national prominence, and they believe Anderson can continue to lead them down that path.
We've received a copy of Anderson's agreement with the university. The five-year deal contains a first-year $3 million buyout should Anderson (God forbid, A-State fans say) resign during his first year. That's considerably larger than the $1.75 million first-year buyout A-State had with Harsin, who of course became the third head football coach in as many years to leave the university after one season.
Other notes from the letter:
- Total compensation of $700,000 per year.
- The second-year buyout is $3 million, the third and fourth years are $2 million and the fifth year is $1 million.
- Anderson will receive a $50,000 bonus for winning a conference championship and coaching in an NCAA-sanctioned bowl game.
- Other bonuses include $10,000 for being named conference coach of the year, $25,000 for being named national coach of the year and $100,000 for winning the BCS championship game.
- Anderson will also receive a cellphone, a courtesy vehicle and a membership at Ridgepointe Country Club in Jonesboro.
Full Document: Download a copy of the university's memorandum of understanding with Anderson (PDF).
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- County Clerk Cancels Leslie Rutledge's Voter Registration 8 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Makes 28 Appointments to Arkansas Boards, Commissions 11 hours ago
- Windstream Names Bob Gunderman Interim CFO 14 hours ago
- Developers Reimagine Conway's Oak Street 3 days ago
- Dominik Mjartan Promoted at Southern Bancorp 11 hours ago