Yellow Rocket Concepts, the parent company of Big Orange Burgers + Salads & Shakes, Local Lime Tacos & Margaritas, and ZaZa Fine Salad & Wood Oven Pizza Company, announced Friday that it is planning to launch a brewery in late summer/early fall in downtown Little Rock.
Yellow Rocket partners Scott McGehee, John Beachboard and Russ McDonough announced the Lost 40 Brewing Company in a news release:
Through our five restaurants in central Arkansas we sell a large volume of quality craft beer. Along with beginning to produce and sell our own craft beer, we will continue to offer a wide variety of craft beers from across the country, and particularly from across Arkansas, as we continue to strongly support the craft beer industry, and offer the best craft beers available to our customers.
Yellow Rocket says Omar Castrellon, the master brewer at Thr3e Wise Men Brewery in Indianapolis, is to Little Rock to work at Lost 40, which will offer brewery tours and an on-site tap room for sampling. The company plans to sell Lost 40 Beer in its own restaurants, other restaurants, liquor stores and grocery stores in Arkansas.
The Arkansas Times reports that Yellow Rocket has leased a 19,000-SF space -- the former Candy Bouquet headquarters -- at McLean and Capitol for the brewery.
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 2 days ago
- Queen Wilhelmina Lodge to Reopen in Spring 7 hours ago
- Scooter Stuart's Tainted Assets Draw More Fire 2 days ago
- Simmons First Completes Delta Trust Acquisition 10 hours ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 2 days ago