Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville is ranked 28th on Fortune magazine's annual list of the country's "most admired companies."
The world's largest retailer was the only Arkansas company that made the list. It ranked third among general merchandisers on the list.
Apple Inc. of Cupertino, Calif., ranked No. 1 on the list, followed by Amazon, Google, Berkshire Hathaway and Starbucks.
To create the list, Fortune surveyors asked executives, directors and analysts to rate companies in their industry on nine criteria, from investment value to social responsibility.
The complete list is available here.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 1 day ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 6 days ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 1 day ago