Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville is ranked 28th on Fortune magazine's annual list of the country's "most admired companies."
The world's largest retailer was the only Arkansas company that made the list. It ranked third among general merchandisers on the list.
Apple Inc. of Cupertino, Calif., ranked No. 1 on the list, followed by Amazon, Google, Berkshire Hathaway and Starbucks.
To create the list, Fortune surveyors asked executives, directors and analysts to rate companies in their industry on nine criteria, from investment value to social responsibility.
The complete list is available here.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- 10 Years Later, Case of M. David Howell's Ponzi Scheme Nears End 2 years ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Spar over Tax Cuts, Ads in Debate 1 day ago
- Matt Lile Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement, Agrees to 1-Year Prison Sentence 2 days ago
- Harrison Bank Files Lawsuit Against Dennis Smiley 2 days ago