Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville is ranked 28th on Fortune magazine's annual list of the country's "most admired companies."
The world's largest retailer was the only Arkansas company that made the list. It ranked third among general merchandisers on the list.
Apple Inc. of Cupertino, Calif., ranked No. 1 on the list, followed by Amazon, Google, Berkshire Hathaway and Starbucks.
To create the list, Fortune surveyors asked executives, directors and analysts to rate companies in their industry on nine criteria, from investment value to social responsibility.
The complete list is available here.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 16 hours ago
- Sweet: ‘A Pure Arkansas-Flavored Investment' for Arkansas Teachers Retirement System 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 3 days ago
- Talk Radio on Hold Against Low Ratings, Changing Audience 6 months ago