Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville is ranked 28th on Fortune magazine's annual list of the country's "most admired companies."
The world's largest retailer was the only Arkansas company that made the list. It ranked third among general merchandisers on the list.
Apple Inc. of Cupertino, Calif., ranked No. 1 on the list, followed by Amazon, Google, Berkshire Hathaway and Starbucks.
To create the list, Fortune surveyors asked executives, directors and analysts to rate companies in their industry on nine criteria, from investment value to social responsibility.
The complete list is available here.
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Peco Foods Announces Northeast Arkansas Plant, 1,000 Jobs 5 hours ago
- Updated: Winner, Loser in Simmons Charters Consolidation 15 hours ago
- Ballet Arkansas Names New Executive Director 5 hours ago
- WLR Retail Project Trails $1.8M Land Purchase (Real Deals) 15 hours ago
- Acumen's Goal: To Own the Southern Lifestyle Marketplace 15 hours ago