Eight billionaires with Arkansas ties find themselves on the most recent Forbes list of the world's 1,645 billionaires, released this week.
The Forbes 500 is led by Microsoft's Bill Gates, whose worth is estimated at $76 billion.
Six members of the Walton family made the list, along with Little Rock financier Warren Stephens and Johnelle Hunt, widow of trucking company founder J.B. Hunt of Lowell.
Christy Walton and her family came in at No. 9 with a net worth of $36.7 billion. Christy Walton, of Jackson, Wyo., is the widow of John Walton, son of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton.
Other members of the Walton family on the list:
• Jim Walton of Bentonville, youngest son of Sam Walton, No. 10, $34.7 billion
• Alice Walton of Millsap, Texas, daughter of Sam Walton and founder of Bentonville's Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, No. 13, $34.3 billion
• S. Robson "Rob" Walton of Bentonville, oldest son of Sam Walton, No. 14, $34.2 billion
• Ann Walton Kroenke of Columbia, Mo., older daughter of Bud Walton, Sam's brother and early business partner, tied for No. 305, $4.8 billion
• Nancy Walton Laurie of Henderson, Nev., younger daughter of Bud Walton, tied for No. 367, $4.1 billion.
Stephens was part of a 43-way tie at No. 687 with estimated net worth of $2.5 billion. Hunt's net worth, estimated at $2.1 billion, put her at No. 828, in a tie with 40 other billionaires.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 2 years ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 7 months ago
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 19 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Sweet: ‘A Pure Arkansas-Flavored Investment' for Arkansas Teachers Retirement System 4 days ago