Eight billionaires with Arkansas ties find themselves on the most recent Forbes list of the world's 1,645 billionaires, released this week.
The Forbes 500 is led by Microsoft's Bill Gates, whose worth is estimated at $76 billion.
Six members of the Walton family made the list, along with Little Rock financier Warren Stephens and Johnelle Hunt, widow of trucking company founder J.B. Hunt of Lowell.
Christy Walton and her family came in at No. 9 with a net worth of $36.7 billion. Christy Walton, of Jackson, Wyo., is the widow of John Walton, son of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton.
Other members of the Walton family on the list:
• Jim Walton of Bentonville, youngest son of Sam Walton, No. 10, $34.7 billion
• Alice Walton of Millsap, Texas, daughter of Sam Walton and founder of Bentonville's Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, No. 13, $34.3 billion
• S. Robson "Rob" Walton of Bentonville, oldest son of Sam Walton, No. 14, $34.2 billion
• Ann Walton Kroenke of Columbia, Mo., older daughter of Bud Walton, Sam's brother and early business partner, tied for No. 305, $4.8 billion
• Nancy Walton Laurie of Henderson, Nev., younger daughter of Bud Walton, tied for No. 367, $4.1 billion.
Stephens was part of a 43-way tie at No. 687 with estimated net worth of $2.5 billion. Hunt's net worth, estimated at $2.1 billion, put her at No. 828, in a tie with 40 other billionaires.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 20 hours ago
- Immigration Reform Now (Editorial) 20 hours ago
- One Bank Turns Attention to Scooter Stuart Life Insurance Payouts 20 hours ago
- Value Place Hotel Visited by $4M Sale (Real Deals) 20 hours ago
- Big River Steel's John Correnti on Government's Role in Private-Sector Projects? 'Stay Out' 20 hours ago