Eight billionaires with Arkansas ties find themselves on the most recent Forbes list of the world's 1,645 billionaires, released this week.
The Forbes 500 is led by Microsoft's Bill Gates, whose worth is estimated at $76 billion.
Six members of the Walton family made the list, along with Little Rock financier Warren Stephens and Johnelle Hunt, widow of trucking company founder J.B. Hunt of Lowell.
Christy Walton and her family came in at No. 9 with a net worth of $36.7 billion. Christy Walton, of Jackson, Wyo., is the widow of John Walton, son of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton.
Other members of the Walton family on the list:
• Jim Walton of Bentonville, youngest son of Sam Walton, No. 10, $34.7 billion
• Alice Walton of Millsap, Texas, daughter of Sam Walton and founder of Bentonville's Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, No. 13, $34.3 billion
• S. Robson "Rob" Walton of Bentonville, oldest son of Sam Walton, No. 14, $34.2 billion
• Ann Walton Kroenke of Columbia, Mo., older daughter of Bud Walton, Sam's brother and early business partner, tied for No. 305, $4.8 billion
• Nancy Walton Laurie of Henderson, Nev., younger daughter of Bud Walton, tied for No. 367, $4.1 billion.
Stephens was part of a 43-way tie at No. 687 with estimated net worth of $2.5 billion. Hunt's net worth, estimated at $2.1 billion, put her at No. 828, in a tie with 40 other billionaires.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 11 hours ago
- Spatial Office Transaction Tops $1.6 Million Mark (Real Deals) 11 hours ago
- Arkansas' Biggest Deals of 2014 Soar While Value Slips 11 hours ago
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 11 hours ago
- Landowners Seek Ruling On Oil Firm's Eminent Domain Powers 3 days ago