Construction continues at Queen Wilhelmina Lodge (file photo).
In short, construction delays on a $7.5 million renovation of the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge on Rich Mountain has so far cost $11.5 million in lost revenue there. The number comes from an Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism report commissioned by the joint House and Senate Committee of Governmental Affairs, which held a meeting on the delay in January.
Much of the blame for the delay has fallen on the project's former construction company, Wade Abernathy Inc. of Mount Ida (Montgomery County). Nabholz Construction is now working the project.
The Pulse report says the most recent projections from Parks and Tourism has the lodge re-opening in early 2015.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 18 hours ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 16 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson Rides Up High in His Super Truck 6 years ago