Arkansas Business media reporter Luke Jones' cover story this week on the ownership changes behind struggling KEWI-AM, 690, in Benton has been well-read in Saline County and radio circles across the state.
Coincidentally, Jeremy Hutchinson, part of the ownership team that's retooling the station and buying out former co-owner Grant Merrill, sat down with Shelli Russell of MySaline.com for a series of interview videos that debuted the week that Jones was reporting his Arkansas Business story.
In the video segments, the first of which is embedded below, Hutchinson talks about bringing Mike Wilkins, co-owner of Southwest Media LLC of Russellville, into the ownership picture and expounds on what he told Jones about the station's future. Among those plans: FM broadcast, ESPN affiliation and St. Louis Cardinals games.
- Social Media Reactions to Final Gubernatorial Debate
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Close to Filing $25M Bankruptcy 16 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 1 day ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 day ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 1 day ago