A tale of two stocks on Friday.
Right now, the shares are trading at more than $111, well into record territory. You'll recall that Dillard's reached record highs on Monday and Tuesday.
Also noted: Dillard's announcement yesterday that the company purchased nearly $66 million of its own stock during the first quarter. Having bought those shares at an average price of $89.34 per share, Dillard's is seeing a good return on its investment.
On the other end of the spectrum, shares of USA Truck Inc. of Van Buren, now down about 8 percent to $15 per share.
The decline comes as Knight Transportation Inc. of Phoenix sold off more than 111,000 shares of USA Truck stock (Nasdaq: USAK). Knight been trying to acquire USA Truck since late last year but finally gave up earlier this year.
Knight still owns about 1.2 million shares of USA Truck.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post; John Selig Asked to Stay at DHS 3 days ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 5 days ago
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List 4 days ago
- Blue & You Foundation Gives $2.6M in Grants 3 days ago