A tale of two stocks on Friday.
Right now, the shares are trading at more than $111, well into record territory. You'll recall that Dillard's reached record highs on Monday and Tuesday.
Also noted: Dillard's announcement yesterday that the company purchased nearly $66 million of its own stock during the first quarter. Having bought those shares at an average price of $89.34 per share, Dillard's is seeing a good return on its investment.
On the other end of the spectrum, shares of USA Truck Inc. of Van Buren, now down about 8 percent to $15 per share.
The decline comes as Knight Transportation Inc. of Phoenix sold off more than 111,000 shares of USA Truck stock (Nasdaq: USAK). Knight been trying to acquire USA Truck since late last year but finally gave up earlier this year.
Knight still owns about 1.2 million shares of USA Truck.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Landers Auto Dealership Drives $22.1M Toyota Sale (Real Deals) 5 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 5 hours ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 5 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents 2014's 'The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s' 5 hours ago