A tale of two stocks on Friday.
Right now, the shares are trading at more than $111, well into record territory. You'll recall that Dillard's reached record highs on Monday and Tuesday.
Also noted: Dillard's announcement yesterday that the company purchased nearly $66 million of its own stock during the first quarter. Having bought those shares at an average price of $89.34 per share, Dillard's is seeing a good return on its investment.
On the other end of the spectrum, shares of USA Truck Inc. of Van Buren, now down about 8 percent to $15 per share.
The decline comes as Knight Transportation Inc. of Phoenix sold off more than 111,000 shares of USA Truck stock (Nasdaq: USAK). Knight been trying to acquire USA Truck since late last year but finally gave up earlier this year.
Knight still owns about 1.2 million shares of USA Truck.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Brandon Barber Should Serve About 20 Years, Feds Say 1 day ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 3 days ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 4 months ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 1 year ago
- Groups See Competitive Threat In Tyson Foods' Deal for Hillshire 21 hours ago