A tale of two stocks on Friday.
Right now, the shares are trading at more than $111, well into record territory. You'll recall that Dillard's reached record highs on Monday and Tuesday.
Also noted: Dillard's announcement yesterday that the company purchased nearly $66 million of its own stock during the first quarter. Having bought those shares at an average price of $89.34 per share, Dillard's is seeing a good return on its investment.
On the other end of the spectrum, shares of USA Truck Inc. of Van Buren, now down about 8 percent to $15 per share.
The decline comes as Knight Transportation Inc. of Phoenix sold off more than 111,000 shares of USA Truck stock (Nasdaq: USAK). Knight been trying to acquire USA Truck since late last year but finally gave up earlier this year.
Knight still owns about 1.2 million shares of USA Truck.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 10 months ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 2 years ago
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 2 days ago
- Arkansas Education Board to Consider Takeover of Little Rock Schools 3 hours ago