Barbara Graves (file photo).
Our sister publication Little Rock Soirée is passing along word that Barbara Graves Intimate Fashions in Breckenridge Village is closing after more than 40 years in business.
"Please know that it has been an absolute joy to have served you for forty-one years," Graves said in the email. "Thanks so much for your business and our friendship during this incredible journey."
The store was closed Tuesday to prepared for the sale.
Soirée has more on the closing sale here. Graves founded the shop in 1973. It sells lingerie, swimwear, loungewear and products for women who have had mastectomies.
Outside her role as a small-business owner, Graves been a key figure in nonprofits and local politics.
She is a past president of the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce and has served on the boards of a number of organizations, including the Central Arkansas Executives Association and Centennial Bank of Little Rock.
Graves also served on the the Little Rock Board of Directors, resigning in 2006 to run for mayor in race won by Mark Stodola. She unsuccessfully ran for Arkansas House in 2012.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Windstream to Spin Off Some Assets into Publicly Traded REIT 3 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 1 day ago
- Crystal Bridges Names New Curators 20 hours ago
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 1 day ago
- One Bank Turns Attention to Scooter Stuart Life Insurance Payouts 1 day ago