ArcBest Corp. of Fort Smith, formerly known as Arkansas Best Corp. and parent company to ABF Freight and other related businesses, has moved up in the Fortune 1000.
The firm announced Wednesday that it had moved up 38 spots to No. 889. Last year, the company was 927 on the list, which rankls the nation's companies by gross revenue.
In addition to its largest subsidiary ABF Freight, one of the nation's leading less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers, ArcBest is the parent company of ABF Logistics, Panther Premium Logistics, FleetNet America and ArcBest Technologies.
ArcBest is considering moving ABF Freight from North Little Rock to Memphis.
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Report: Acxiom to Open Austin Office, Hire 150
- Natural Gas in Fayetteville Shale Takes Arkansas from Zero to Billions in 10 Years 22 hours ago
- West Little Rock Hosts $1.4M Boot City Buy (Real Deals) 22 hours ago
- John Rogers Asks for Dismissal of Brace Suit 22 hours ago
- Harvest Problems Crop Up in Turner Grain President's Bankruptcy Case 22 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Replaces Maggio Post, Names Others to Boards, Commission 12 hours ago