ArcBest Corp. of Fort Smith, formerly known as Arkansas Best Corp. and parent company to ABF Freight and other related businesses, has moved up in the Fortune 1000.
The firm announced Wednesday that it had moved up 38 spots to No. 889. Last year, the company was 927 on the list, which rankls the nation's companies by gross revenue.
In addition to its largest subsidiary ABF Freight, one of the nation's leading less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers, ArcBest is the parent company of ABF Logistics, Panther Premium Logistics, FleetNet America and ArcBest Technologies.
ArcBest is considering moving ABF Freight from North Little Rock to Memphis.
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Windstream to Cut 350 Positions, 38 In Arkansas, by December 2 days ago
- Study: CEOs in 10 Big Mergers to Get $430M 20 hours ago
- Dillard's Declares Quarterly Dividend 20 hours ago
- Cameron Smith & Associates' Mission To Put More Women in Public Company Boardrooms 5 days ago