ArcBest Corp. of Fort Smith, formerly known as Arkansas Best Corp. and parent company to ABF Freight and other related businesses, has moved up in the Fortune 1000.
The firm announced Wednesday that it had moved up 38 spots to No. 889. Last year, the company was 927 on the list, which rankls the nation's companies by gross revenue.
In addition to its largest subsidiary ABF Freight, one of the nation's leading less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers, ArcBest is the parent company of ABF Logistics, Panther Premium Logistics, FleetNet America and ArcBest Technologies.
ArcBest is considering moving ABF Freight from North Little Rock to Memphis.
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Seven-Year Campaign Raises $167M 11 hours ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago