by Marty Cook
Posted 7/30/2014 02:42 pm
Updated 5 months ago
America’s Car-Mart Inc. of Bentonville added Kenny Gunderman to its board of directors at the company’s shareholders meeting Wednesday.
Gunderman, 43, is an executive vice president of Stephens Inc. of Little Rock and is the seventh director on Car-Mart’s board. The incumbent six directors were reelected to the board at the shareholders meeting.
In addition to Gunderson, the board of directors approved by shareholders are:
- Hank Henderson, 50, the CEO and president of Car-Mart and a director since 2002
- Jeff Williams, 51, CFO of Car-Mart and director since 2011.
- Daniel Englander, 45, the managing partner of Ursula Investors
- Eddie Hight, 51, former COO and director since 2013.
- John David Simmons, 78, president of Simmons & Associates LLP and a director since 1986
- Cameron Smith, 63, founder and president of Cameron Smith & Associates and director since 2009
Shareholders also approved an advisory vote on the company’s executive compensation and ratified Grant Thornton LLP as the company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the next fiscal year.