by Luke Jones
Posted 4/17/2012 01:36 pm
Updated 1 year ago
The U.S. Small Business Administration announced Tuesday the Arkansas winners for its 2012 Small Business Awards.
The winners were:
- Small Business Person of the Year, Team: Arkansas Power Electronics International Inc. of Fayetteville, an Innovate Arkansas firm.
- Small Business Person of the Year, Runner-up: Martha D. Moore, president of McCormick Asphalt & Paving Inc. of Ozark.
- Financial Services Champion: Michael C. Fasulo, vice president and business development officer, Arkansas Capital Corp. of Little Rock.
- Veteran Small Business Champion, District and Regional: Johnny Dillard, president, Central Research Inc. of Lowell.
- Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Business: Construction Network Inc. of Jonesboro.
Arkansas District Director Awards will be presented to the following:
- Entrepreneurial Leader in Education: Don B. Bradley III, executive director, National Advancement Center, University of Central Arkansas, Conway.
- Champions of Youth Entrepreneurship: Matthew and Maria Hampton, Elevate Entrepreneurship Systems of Little Rock.
- Top Arkansas Lender: Arvest Bank of Fayetteville.
The awards will be presented at noon on April 24 at the Verizon Arena in North Little Rock. Tickets may be purchased at ArkansasStateChamber.com.
The SBA will celebrate National Small Business Week from May 20 to 22 in Washington, D.C. There, one of the SBA winners will be named National Small Business Person of the Year.