Posted 10/6/2008 12:00 am
Updated 2 years ago
In case you haven't noticed, Crew Restaurant & Bar in the Pleasant Ridge Town Center has closed for good. Lou Schickel of Schickel Development hopes to have a new restaurant in soon.
The restaurant wasn't open long enough for a year-over-year comparison. In April, the last month it reported, the restaurant pulled in $64,879.
All of the closures, sales and proposed sales of restaurants lately have your Whispers staff curious about how other places are faring in the limping economy.
Here's a look at the year-over-year comparisons of revenue of some upscale eateries around Little Rock for August, which is the month most recently reported:
• Brave New Restaurant is down 1.9 percent from last year to $119,349;
• Capers, down 6.8 percent to $93,574;
• Ciao Baci, down 4.3 percent to $28,939;
• Ferneau, up 28 percent to $86,084;
• Gypsy's Bar & Grill, up 3.8 percent to $28,481;
• So Restaurant-Bar, down 37.5 percent to $50,266;
• Sonny Williams Steak Room, down 6.6 percent to $147,135;
• Trio's Restaurant, down 4.1 percent to $143,406;
• Acadia Restaurant, down 7.2 percent to $27,877; and
• Restaurant 1620, up 6.1 percent to $64,433.