by John Henry
Posted 6/11/2001 12:00 am
Updated 1 year ago
Ranked by number of lawyers
Rank —Firm — Number of Lawyers — Managing Partners — Hourly Fee Range — Sample Client List
1. — Friday Eldredge & Clark of Little Rock — 80 — By committee; Buddy Sutton, chairman — $90-$275 — Entergy Arkansas, Dillard's Inc., Acxiom Corp., Little Rock Public Schools,Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., Oaklawn Jockey Club, Alltel Corp., Stephens Inc., Union Pacific Railroad, Regions Bank, St. Paul Ins. Co.
2. — Wright Lindsey & Jennings of Little Rock — 64 — By committee — $85-$250 — Acxiom Corp., Alltel Corp., Bank of America, CNA Insurance Co. Dillard's Inc., Entergy Corp., Ford Motor Co., J.B. Hunt Transport, Murphy Oil Corp., Sisters of Mercy Health System, Weyerhaeuser Co.
3. — Mitchell Williams Selig Gates & Woodyard of Little Rock — 52 — Rick Campbell,CEO — $100-$300 — Arkansas Electric Coop Corp., St. Paul Insurance, 3M Co., Bank of America, ADFA, Bailey Properties, Rebsamen Insurance, International Paper Co., Southwestern Bell, Central Arkansas Nursing Centers Inc., American Management Corp., Crafton & Tull Associates
4. — Rose Law Firm of Little Rock — 35 — Ronald M. Clark, CEO — $90-$250 — Stephens Inc., Tyson Foods Inc., Acxiom Corp., General Motors Corp., Peabody Hotel Group, Arkansas Electric Energy Consumers, Mountaire Corp., J.A. Riggs Tractor Co., Pat Salmon and Sons Inc., Bunge Corp.
5. — Hilburn Calhoon Harper Pruniski & Calhoun of North Little Rock — 21 — By committee — $100-$200 — Firstar Bank, Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Inc., IBM Corp., John Deere & Co., Kimberly-Clark Corp., The Kroger Co., Allstate Insurance Co., Russell Chevrolet Co.
6. — Wilson & Associates of Little Rock — 21 — Robert M. Wilson Jr., CEO — WND — Chase Manhattan, Ocwen Federal, Wells Fargo, First Union, First Horizon, Bank of America
7. — Barber McCaskill Jones & Hale of Little Rock — 20 — Board of directors — $95-$200 — AFCO Metals, AFCO Steel, Arkansas Television Co. KTHV-TV, Channel 11, Crow-Burlingame, General Motors Corp., GMAC, Arkansas Automobile Dealers Association, Baptist Health, Sears Roebuck & Co., Janet Jones Co.
7. — Dover & Dixon of Little Rock — 20 — Darrell D. Dover — $90-$225 — Affiliated Foods Southwest Inc., Arkansas Teacher Retirement System, J.B. Hunt Transport Inc., St. Vincent Infirmary, Lennox Industries Inc., Ranger Boats, United Technologies, Park Plaza Mall, Unionamerica
7. — Jack Lyon & Jones of Little Rock — 20 — Don Jack, Phillip Lyon, — WND — St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center, TCBY Systems, Regions Financial, Stephen Jones Corp., Country Music Association, Flake Tabor Wells & Kelley, Dallas Cowboys, North Little Rock School District, George Jones, Bill and Gloria Gaither, Philander Smith College, Crews & Associates
10. — Cross Gunter Witherspoon & Galchus of North Little Rock — 19 — Abe Bogoslavsky — WND — ABF Freight Systems Inc., Arkansas Specialty Care Clinics, Beverly Enterprises, City of Little Rock, City of North Little Rock, Dassault Falcon Jet, Entergy Arkansas, Firstar Bank, J.B. Hunt Transport, Reliant Energy/Arkla
11. — Huckabay Munson Rowlett & Tilley of Little Rock — 18 — James Tilley — WND — State Farm Insurance, Farmers Insurance Group, Allstate Insurance, AIG, Shelter Insurance, Safeco, Nationwide, Tenet Healthcare, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp., St. Vincent Infirmary, Tyson Foods Inc.
12. — Williams & Anderson of Little Rock — 15 — By committee — WND — Arkansas Development Finance Authority, Arkansas Student Loan Authority, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Metropolitan National Bank, Roman Catholic Diocese of Little Rock, Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Potlatch Corp.
12. — Warner Smith & Harris of Fort Smith — 15 — By committee — WND — Sparks Health System, ERC Properties, Fairfield Communities Inc., Fort Smith Housing Authority, CNA Insurance Cos., St. Paul Fire & Marine
12. — Bridges Young Matthews & Drake PLC of Pine Bluff — 15 — By committee — WND — International Paper Co., Pine Bluff National Bank, Jefferson Regional Medical Center, Watson Chapel School District, Anthony Timberlands Inc., Central Moloney Inc., and CNA Insurance Cos.
12. — Bassett Law Firm of Fayetteville — 15 — W.W. "Bill" Bassett — WND — Tyson Foods Inc., George's Inc., Baldor Electric Corp., Lloyds of London, Hartford Insurance Co., Simmons Industries Inc., St. Paul Insurance Cos., Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
12. — Gill Elrod Ragon Owen & Sherman of Little Rock — 15 — Charles C. Owen — NA — Heifer Project International Inc., Community Water Systems Inc., Scott County Telephone Co., American Electric Power, Intelex Inc., United Methodist Children's Home, WM&K Development, Brannon's Market
12. — Kutak Rock LLP of Little Rock — 15 — David Jacobson — $105-$235 — Not disclosed.
18. — Barrett & Deacon of Jonesboro — 14 — J. Barry Deacon — $90-$200 — Allstate Insurance Co., St. Paul Fire & Marine, St. Bernards Health Care, Hytrol Convey Co., American Greeting Corp., American Honda Motors Co., E.C. Barton & Co., Arkansas Glass Container, Chrysler Corp., Dana Corp., The Jonesboro Sun, Nucor-Yamato Steel
18. Quattlebaum Grooms Tull & Burrow of Little Rock — 14 — NA — WND — Alltel Arena for the Multi-Purpose Civic Center Facilities Board of Pulaski County; Arkansas Bankers Association; Arkansas Community Bankers; Entergy Corp.; Simmons First National Corp.; Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
20. — Davis Wright Clark Butt & Carithers PLC of Fayetteville — 11 — Jack Butt — $75-$200 — Wal-Mart Stores Inc., La-Z-Boy of Arkansas, Arkansas Farm Bureau Insurance Cos., St. Paul Insurance Cos., Zero Mountain Inc., U.S.A. Waste Management Inc., Arvest Bank Group
20. — The Brad Hendricks Law Firm of Little Rock — 11 — Brad Hendricks — Primarily contingency — General public.
Sources: The firms, Martindale-Hubbell legal directory.