Posted 7/2/2012 01:56 pm
Updated 1 year ago
The Poultry Federation of Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma on Monday announced its board of directors and officers for the 2012-2013 year.
Kevin McDaniel, vice president of production for O.K. Foods Inc. of Fort Smith, will be chairman of the board. Other board executives are:
- Vice chairman, Shane Acosta, complex general manager for Cargill Inc., Springdale. Acosta will also be the 2013 Annual Poultry Festival chairman.
- Treasurer is Steve Storm, operations vice president for Cal-Maine Foods of Jackson, Miss.
- Secretary is David Elam, complex manager of Wayne Farms LLC of Danville.
- Past chairman is Todd Simmons, chief operating officer of Simmons Foods of Siloam Springs.
Board members for 2012-2013:
- Charles George, executive, George's Inc. of Springdale.
- Troy Green, plant manager, George's Processing Inc. of Springdale.
- Vaughn King, western region sales manager, Aviagen Inc.
- Andrew Lekwa, complex manager, Butterball LLC of Ozark.
- Drew McGee, senior vice president/general manager raw poultry, Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale.
- Jerry Moye, president of Cobb-Vantress Inc. of Siloam Springs.
- Jeff Vanemburg, operations manager, Pilgrim's of Batesville.
- Duane Weems, live operations manager, Peco Foods of Batesville.
- Tim Garber, manager of breeders, Foster Farms LLC of Glenwood.
- Brent Glasgow, complex manager, Pilgrim's Pride of DeQueen.
- Trent Goins, senior vice president of O.K. Foods Inc. of Fort Smith.
- James Smith, vice president of live operations, Simmons Foods Inc. of Siloam Springs.
- Jim Smith, president of Keith Smith Co. Inc.
Two Allied membership representatives serve on this year's board: Vic Smith of Phibro Animal Health and Dr. Sara Steinlage of Elanco.
Newly elected board members are McGee, Garber and Glasgow.
Marvin Childers of Little Rock is president and chief lobbyist of The Poultry Federation; John Bryan, of Jefferson City, Mo., is vice president for Missouri; and John Ward of Oklahoma City is vice president for Oklahoma.
The Poultry Federation is a tri-state trade association representing the poultry and egg industries in Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Offices are located in Little Rock; Jefferson City, Mo., and Oklahoma City, Okla.