by Susie Marks
Posted 7/23/2012 12:00 am
Updated 1 year ago
The participants in the Leadership Arkansas program get stronger and stronger each year. As one of the youngest statewide leadership programs in the country, we still have work to do to further accomplish our mission of building a strong, diverse, statewide network of leaders with a shared commitment to connect our communities and make Arkansas a better place in which to live and prosper. Our alumni are 350 strong and made up of movers and shakers in Arkansas politics, education, business, health care, non-profits, state government and small businesses.
True leadership is not determined by age, race, gender or geography. Whoever you are, wherever you live, you can play a part in being a leader in the growth, success and sustainability of our state. Through the Leadership Arkansas program, we seek to enhance the leadership skills you have in place in your local community and increase your network to effect change on our state by tackling statewide issues of importance.
Leadership Arkansas offers stimulating and thought-provoking educational programming that consists of a series of seven, day-and-a-half sessions held in locations throughout the state. The sessions include discussion on issues critical to Arkansas, leadership skills assessment and relevant information on Arkansas’s history, demography, diversities and opportunities.
As we move into the selection of Leadership Arkansas Class VII, our selection process involves the following basic criteria for what we are looking for in our applicants:
- A commitment, motivation and interest in serving Arkansas
- A concern for Arkansas’s welfare, demonstrated by past community and statewide activities
- An interest in seeking key volunteer and/or appointed state leadership roles
- Potential or existing occupational responsibilities that have significant influence on important issues facing the state
- A commitment to continued involvement in Leadership Arkansas is not just a class, it’s an experience. We look forward to taking you through our experience.
Senior Vice President - Programs