by Lance Turner
Posted 11/27/2012 08:51 am
Updated 1 year ago
The Arkansas Realtors Association said Tuesday that home sales in October rose about 6 percent from the same month last year.
The report, which surveys home sales in 43 Arkansas counties, also the average price of homes sold rose by more than 7 percent to $157,267. Statewide valuations in October rose by more than 14 percent from last year.
The association said 1,936 home sold in October, up 5.8 percent from 1,829 in the same month last year. Home sales in the state's top five counties looked like this:
- Pulaski County, 330, up about 14 percent.
- Benton County, 315, up about 19 percent.
- Washington County, 163, up about 11 percent.
- Saline County, 109, up about 8 percent.
- Faulkner County, 95, up about 22 percent.
Click here (PDF) to see the full report.