Posted 12/17/2012 12:00 am
Conway’s Largest Employers
Stock price up 75% over last 12 months. Profits up 34% in FY13.
University of Central Arkansas 2,000
The new EPIC Program (Entrepreneurship, Public Scholarship, Innovation, Community Engagement) combines Math and Science, Business and Communications under one residential college.
Sales and Technical Support
Conway Regional Health System 1,330
Recently completed $32 million renovation and expansion project – the largest in the hospital’s history
Southwestern Energy Company 1,200
Natural Gas Exploration
Southwestern Energy Regional Headquarters are located in Conway. The natural gas exploration company is one of the city’s largest employers.
Conway Human Development Center 1,200
Conway Public Schools 1,100
Opened a new $40 million high school and a $13 million elementary school in August.
Walmart (two stores) 825
Personal Hygiene Products
Wrapping up a $65 million expansion that included 100 new jobs.
Virco Manufacturing 600
School and Office Furniture
National Recognition for Conway 2011/2012
• 7th Best Value City, Kiplinger
• 14th Best City for Young Professionals, Forbes
• 14th Cheapest City in the US, Bloomberg Businessweek
• 100 Leading Locations: Desirable Places for Doing Business, Area Development Online
• 40 Strongest U.S. Metro Economies, Forbes
• 10 Cheapest Cities in the Country, Yahoo! Homes
• Best Places For Business and Careers, Forbes
• 13th Highest Percentage of Job Growth in the United States, CNNMoney
• 25 Best Places to Retire, CNNMoney
Conway By Numbers
|3||Accredited, four-year colleges or universities in Conway|
|15||Schools in Conway’s public system|
|9,400||Students in Conway’s public school system|
|26||Median age of Conway residents|
|$63,860||Conway’s median family income|
|1,854||Babies born at Conway Regional last year|
|47||wage increase percentage for Faulkner County residents the past 10 years|
|1500||New jobs created in Faulkner County from 2009-2010|
|8000||Approximate number of new jobs created in Faulkner County since 2000|
|2014||Year Conway’s new airport is projected to open|