Posted 3/11/2013 12:00 am
Richard W. Davies, executive director of Parks & Tourism, was inducted into the Tourism Hall of Fame by the department during its 39th annual Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Hot Springs.
The department also honored the following with Henry Awards, which recognize contributions made to Arkansas’ tourism industry:
- Rex Nelson of North Little Rock, Media Support Award,
- Downtown Walnut Ridge and the Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce, Bootstrap Award,
- Civil War Helena, Arkansas Heritage Award,
- MusicFest El Dorado, Grand Old Classic Special Event Award,
- Arkansas Master Gardeners, Outstanding Volunteer Service Award,
- The city of Bentonville, Community Tourism Development Award,
- Great Arkansas Cleanup, the Natural State Award and
- Southland Park Gaming & Racing in West Memphis, Tourism Special Achievement Award.
Ross Moore of Clinton last week was named the Tourism Person of the Year by the Arkansas Department of Parks & Tourism, in addition to receiving a Crystal Award for his work with Arkansas State University to restore Johnny Cash’s boyhood home in Dyess.
Packaging Specialists Inc. recently received a $51,800 incentive check from Arkansas SourceGas’ Commercial & Industrial Solutions Program for energy-saving product changes. After replacing the heat transfer material in its Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer, the company will reduce annual carbon dioxide emissions equal to more than 74 automobiles.