Posted 6/3/2013 02:44 pm
Updated 2 years ago
Innovate Arkansas, the partnership between the Arkansas Economic Development Commission and Winrock International, was established to nurture technology-based startups in Arkansas and help grow high-wage jobs in the state.
Its active client firm roster currently numbers 89 companies in all areas of the state and representing a wide array of industries and services from nanotechnology to fire hydrant connectors.
IA offers its services for free, and they include:
- Technology product assessments
- Market feasibility analysis
- Intellectual property advice
- Commercialization strategies
- Business plan development
- Coaching and mentoring assistance
- Product and concept valuation
- Links to existing capital resources
- Early stage investment advice
- SBIR application assistance
- STTR application assistance
- Federal, state and local grant assistance
- Second and third stage financing assistance
- Identification of on-the-shelf IP
- Negotiation of control of on-the-shelf IP
- Matching on-the-shelf IP with serial entrepreneurs
- On-the-shelf IP development
- Utilization of Winrock International’s IP professional network for general IP questions.
Innovate Arkansas clients represent the following industries: information technology, advanced materials, agriculture, life sciences, as well as specific business and consumer products and services.
IA's staff of advisors has more than 100 combined years of experience in the business world as startup founders, investors, researchers and more.
To become an IA client firm, startups must be based in Arkansas and provide Arkansas jobs with wage bases of at least 150 percent of the current Arkansas individual per capita income.
Call 501-280-3025 for more information.