by Luke Jones
Posted 6/21/2013 10:27 am
Updated 5 months ago
Murphy Oil Corp. of El Dorado announced Friday the identities of the 10 directors who will serve on the board of Murphy USA Inc., the company's retail segment that will spin off as a separate company this year. Madison Murphy will chair the board.
According to the news release, the directors will be Murphy, Andrew Clyde, Claiborne Deming, Thomas Gattle Jr., Robert Hermes, Fred Holliger, Christoph Keller III, James Keyes, Diane Landen and Jack Taylor.
"I am pleased with the strength and composition of our board which will carry continuity, new expertise and deep and relevant knowledge of our business," Madison Murphy said in the release.
The directors' credentials are as follows:
- Madison Murphy will be chairman of the board and has also been a director of Murphy Oil since 1993. He was CFO of Murphy Oil from 1992 to 1994 and is also on the board of Deltic Timber Corp. of El Dorado, another company that spun off of Murphy Oil.
- Andrew Clyde will be president and CEO of Murphy USA, as reported in January.
- Claiborne Deming has been chairman of Murphy Oil's board since March 2012. He was president and CEO of Murphy Oil between 1994 and 2008.
- Thomas Gattle Jr. has been chairman, president and CEO of Terral River Service Inc. of Lake Providence, La., since 1992.
- Robert Hermes has been on Murphy Oil's board since 1999. He is a member of the company's executive committee, its nominating and governance committee and its environmental, health and safety committee.
- Fred Holliger was chairman and CEO of Giant Industries of Scottsdale, Ariz., from 2005 to 2007 when it merged with Western Refining Co. of El Paso, Texas. He is a former director of the National Petroleum Refinery Association.
- Christoph Keller III has been a director of Deltic Timber since 1996.
- James Keyes is chairman and CEO of Wild Oats LLC of Boulder, Colo. He was CEO of 7-Eleven Inc. of Dallas from 2000 to 2005 and chairman and CEO of Blockbuster Inc. of Englewood, Colo., from 2007 to 2011.
- Diane Landen is owner and president of Vantage Communications Inc. of Omaha, Neb., as well as vice chairman and EVP of Noalmark Broadcasting Corp. of El Dorado, which owns several radio stations in Arkansas and New Mexico.
- Jack Taylor has been a director of Sempra Energy of San Diego since February 2013. He was COO-Americas and EVP of U.S. operations for KPMG LLP from 2005 to 2010.