Posted 6/28/2013 12:05 pm
Updated 10 months ago
The Arkansas Realtors Association says home sales in the state were up 10 percent in May compared to the same month last year.
The association also said that the average price of homes sold the 43-county area surveyed by the association increased by almost 3 percent to $161,862 last month. Statewide valuations in May rose by 13 percent from last year.
In all 2,515 homes were sold in the ARA's survey area, up 10 percent from 2,286 sold during the same month last year. Year to date, home sales in Arkansas are nearly 10 percent from the same time in 2012.
Here's how home sales looked in the top five counties of the ARA's survey area:
- Benton County: 428 homes sold, up 14 percent from May 2012.
- Pulaski: 420 homes sold, down about 1 percent.
- Washington: 252 homes sold, up 13 percent.
- Faulkner: 155 homes sold, up 35 percent.
- Saline: 128 homes sold, up 2 percent.