Posted 7/30/2013 09:22 am
Updated 12 months ago
The number of homes sold in Arkansas in June increased by about 4 percent, according to a report released Friday by the Arkansas Realtors Association.
The monthly report, which surveys home sales in 43 Arkansas counties, also showed that the average price of homes sold also increased by more than 4 percent, from $160,887 in June 2012 to $167,455 in June 2013.
Statewide valuations in June rose by more than 8 percent from last year, the report said.
In Arkansas, Pulaski County led other counties in home sales with 440 in June, up nearly 9 percent from the same month last year.
Here's how home sales looked for other counties in the top five:
- Benton County sold 420 homes, up 17 percent from the same month last year.
- Washington sold 248 homes, up 4 percent.
- Saline sold 139 homes, up 7 percent.
- Faulkner sold 135 homes, up 11 percent.
New Data for 2013
Also Friday, the association corrected all previous 2013 monthly home sales reports to include "more accurate" home sales data from Clark County.
Emily Morgan, who compiles the monthly reports for the ARA, said that because of an oversight, it hadn't been getting complete home sales numbers from the county. As a result, ARA is recompiling reports going back to January 2012.
The changes have altered reported increases for home sales in January, February, March and April:
- January home sales were up about 13 percent, up from the 11 percent the ARA previously reported.
- Feburary sales were down about 1.6 percent. The ARA previously reported a 0.4 percent decline.
- March sales were up about 8 percent. The ARA originally reported a rise of 7 percent.
- April sales were up 15 percent, up from the 14 percent the ARA first reported.
All the ARA's reports are available on its website here. The association plans to update its 2012 reports throughout the year.