Posted 9/10/2013 02:59 pm
Updated 6 months ago
The Arkansas Realtors Association said Tuesday that home sales in July in Arkansas rose 19 percent from the same month last year.
The report said 2,594 home changed hands in July, up from 2,178 homes during the same month last year. The report also said the average price of homes sold reached $166,348 in July, up more than 1 percent from $163,655 in July last year.
The association surveys home sales in a 43-county area. In the state's top five markets for home sales, sales activity looked like this:
- Benton County sold the most homes: 441, up 28 percent from the same month last year.
- Pulaski sold 438 homes, up 20 percent.
- Washington sold 266 homes, up 12 percent.
- Saline sold 155 homes, up 22 percent.
- Faukner sold 128 homes, up 24 percent.