Posted 9/23/2013 12:00 am
Delta Dental of Arkansas is in the business of healthy smiles, and that includes its almost 200 employees.
Delta makes it a priority to care for its employees, and they call it one of the best places to work in Arkansas. Those smiles make Delta Dental an Arkansas Business 2013 Best Places to Work honoree.
The Sherwood company serves more than 1,000 participating dentists, 2,900 employer groups and more than 1.7 million individuals in Arkansas.
“Our employees enable us to provide the highest level of service for our clients and we work hard to maintain a great environment for them,” said Kelly Carney, Delta’s director of human resources. “We regularly communicate with employees and get their feedback about what they need and where we can improve as an organization. It is important that our employees feel valued and that they are an integral part of the team. We are honored our employees consider us a great place to work.”
Popular benefits include monthly employee luncheons, flexible hours to accommodate school events and family needs, holiday parties, wellness programs including a fitness room, a matching gifts program that matches employees’ charitable giving, and a volunteer hours program that provides employees with eight hours of paid time off a year for volunteer opportunities.
Other company benefits include:
• Three holiday parties each year — Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas
• Free or discounted tickets to family entertainment and sporting events
• Immediate families invited to corporate events
• Overtime, if any, kept to a minimum
• Meetings and staff-only events limited to work hours
• Employee Assistance Program, which provides marital and other forms of counseling
• Productivity, time management and personal development workshops
• Massage therapist every other Wednesday
• Department Day, where each department is given a budget to organize fun events throughout the year for its employees
Plus, Delta’s annual employee event sends employees and their families to outings such as Arkansas Travelers baseball games or trips to Wild River Country. Indeed, Delta works hard to make sure its work environment is one worthy of those smiles.
Delta Dental of Arkansas recognizes the importance of its employees, and thus the importance of employee recognition. The company puts forth a number of initiatives designed to praise and thank people for their efforts.
The Delta Dental Employee of the Month program recognizes employee, who are nominated by their managers, and also includes an annual winner.
Monthly employee luncheons include menus selected by employees, and each department takes turns hosting Treat Day every other week for all company staff.
Service awards recognize employees after two years of service and then in five-year increments thereafter.