Posted 10/8/2013 10:51 am
Updated 11 months ago
The Arkansas Realtors Association said Tuesday that home sales rose more than 24 percent in August, while the average price of those homes sold dropped by less than 1 percent.
According to the report, 2,819 homes sold in August in the 43-county area the association surveys. That's up from 2,273 homes sold last year.
The average sale price in August was $164,373, down 0.3 percent from $164,916, the report said.
More: Download the full report (PDF).
From the beginning of the year through the August period, home sales in Arkansas are up nearly 13 percent, with more than 18,000 homes changing hands.
In the state's top five markets for sales activity, home sales in August looked like this:
- Benton County: 504 homes sold, up 34 percent from last August.
- Pulaski: 423 sold, up 17 percent.
- Washington: 291 sold, up 32 percent.
- Saline: 163 sold, up 47 percent.
- Garland: 150 sold, up 38 percent.