Posted 11/11/2013 12:00 am
Updated 5 months ago
Arkansas financial leaders usually work behind the scenes, but eight of them were honored Wednesday at the 2013 Arkansas Business CFO of the Year Awards luncheon at the Embassy Suites in west Little Rock.
Gene Whisenhunt of Hickingbotham Investments of Little Rock and Phillip Cox of JPMS Cox, PLLC, were honored with Arkansas Business CFO of the Year lifetime achievement awards.
Whisenhunt received the CFO Lifetime Achievement Award, and Cox was received the Lifetime Achievement Award in Accounting.
Other winners were:
- Kristi Maxwell-Prince of Maxwell Hardwood Flooring of Monticello in the small private company category;
- Phyllis Rogers of Delta Dental of Arkansas in the large private company category;
- Michael Henderson of Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas in the public sector category;
- Jonathan Baird of People's Bank of Magnolia in the small bank category;
- Greg McKinney of Bank of the Ozarks in the large bank category;
- Katherine Jones of Arkansas Hospice in the nonprofit category.
- Trey Jackson of Fort Smith's Pruitt Tool & Supply, small private company category;
- Mark Langston of Life & Specialty Ventures of Little Rock and Steven Rose of Conway Regional Medical center in the large private company category;
- Denise Drennan of the North Little Rock School District, Jane Jackson of the city of Stuttgart and Sara Lenehan of the city of Little Rock in the public sector category;
- Judy Lawton of Heartland Bank in the small bank category;
- Drew Chandler of Magnolia's Farmers Bank & Trust in the large bank category;
- Susan Rogers of ACCESS in the nonprofit category.
Winners were selected by an independent panel of judges: Gary Cooper of JPMS Cox PLLC; Judy Shelley of Flake & Kelley Commercial, a 2012 small private company CFO of the Year winner; and Scott Pittillo of Relyance Bank, a 2012 small bank CFO of the Year winner.
Click here to view the luncheon program and for profiles of each of the finalists.
Arkansas Business will have more coverage and photos from Wednesday's luncheon in Monday's print edition.