Posted 11/20/2013 10:30 am
Updated 11 months ago
The Arkansas Realtors said Wednesday that October home sales rose 13.8 percent in the 43-county area the association surveys.
The report said 2,214 homes were sold in October, up from 1,945 in October last year. The biggest number of home sales took place in Pulaski County, but Craighead County saw the biggest percentage increase in sales, up 65 percent.
The report also said the average price of homes sold decreased 2.3 percent to $153,292 in October from $156,908 in the same month last year. Statewide valuations increased 11.2 percent from last year.
Here's how sales looked in the five most active counties:
- Pulaski County sold 371 homes, up 12.4 percent from the same month last year.
- Benton sold 369 homes, up 17.1 percent.
- Washington sold 210 homes, up 28.8 percent.
- Craighead sold 114 homes, up 65.2 percent.
- Faulkner sold 114 homes, up 20 percent.