Posted 12/16/2013 08:27 am
Updated 3 months ago
The Chronicle of Higher Education has again ranked the top salaries for private college presidents. At the top of the list in Arkansas is Rick Niece of the University of the Ozarks in Clarksville at $362,573.
The country's top salary belongs to Robert Zimmer of the University of Chicago, who earned $3.3 million.
The survey examines compensation data compiled from Form 990s, which nonprofits are required to file with the Internal Revenue Service. The most recent year available is 2011. Some religious schools are excluded from filing 990s, so their data is unavailable.
You can see the Chronicle's complete list here.
Here's what the list says are the top-paid private university presidents in Arkansas:
- Rick Niece, the former president of University of the Ozarks in Clarksville, $362,573. Niece retired in July.
- J. Timothy Cloyd, president of Hendrix College in Conway, $359,987. Cloyd will step down in January.
- Charles Pollard at John Brown University in Siloam Springs, $297,543.
- David Burks at Harding University in Searcy, $270,605.
- Donald Weatherman at Lyon College in Batesville, $260,436.
- Rex Horne at Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, $250,612.