Posted 1/7/2014 09:39 am
Updated 4 months ago
Home sales in Arkansas were down 2 percent in November 2013, according to a report released Tuesday by the Arkansas Realtors Association.
The number of homes sold was down slightly from November 2012 while the average price of those homes sold was up by just under 1 percent.
Read the full report here (PDF).
The top five counties for homes sold in November 2013 were:
- Benton, with 295, down 5 percent from 312 in November 2012
- Pulaski, with 293, down 8 percent from 319
- Washington, with 169, up 4 percent from 162
- Saline, with 107, down 6 percent from 114
- Faulkner, with 94, up 6 percent from 89.
The average price of the homes sold in the 43-county area surveyed by the organization increased from $150,777 in November 2012 to $151,350 in November 2013. Statewide valuations in November decreased by more than 2 percent from last year, according to the report.