by Gwen Moritz
Posted 1/15/2014 04:11 pm
Updated 10 months ago
Simmons First National Bank of Pine Bluff, which bought Metropolitan National Bank from its bankrupt holding company in November, has filed applications with its federal regulator to close 27 of its 88 Arkansas branches.
Simmons, the flagship bank of Simmons First National Corp., has not announced the list of closures but filed the applications in December with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
Simmons executives had said that between 14 and 35 branches would likely be closed.
The branches on the list for closure are a mix of 16 offices that had previously been operated by Metropolitan, seven that have been branches of Simmons First National and its sister bank and four that were branches of Simmons First Bank of Northwest Arkansas.
Simmons collapsed its northwest Arkansas charter into the Simmons First National Bank charter in early November, just ahead of its bankruptcy court-approved purchase of Metropolitan.
Former Metropolitan branches on the list are:
- 11821 Col. Glenn Road, Little Rock;
- 16105-D Chenal Parkway, Little Rock;
- 3200 JFK Blvd., North Little Rock;
- 3607 E. Kiehl Ave., Sherwood;
- 121 Bill Foster Memorial Hwy., Cabot;
- 2400 Donaghey, Conway;
- 2895 Dave Ward Drive, Conway;
- 1210 S. Rock St., Sheridan;
- 2030 John Harden Drive, Jacksonville;
- 300 S.E. Walton Road, Bentonville
- 200 Hudson Road, Rogers;
- 3701 Pinnacle Hills Parkway, Rogers;
- 4201 Pleasant Crossing Parkway, Rogers;
- 1950 Pleasant St., Springdale;
- 4000 Greathouse Springs Road, Springdale; and
- 2691 Mission Blvd., Fayetteville.
Former branches of Simmons First Bank of Northwest Arkansas to be closed are:
- 3210 S. Walton Blvd., Bentonville;
- 5106 Thompson Ave., Springdale;
- 2971 N. College, Fayetteville; and
- 703 E. Douglas, Prairie Grove.
Simmons First National Bank branches to be closed are:
- 320 W. Capitol Ave., Little Rock;
- 5000 W. Markham St., Little Rock (at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences);
- 1717 Merrill Drive, Little Rock;
- 1818 N. Taylor St., Little Rock;
- 11000 Financial Centre Parkway, Little Rock;
- 1025 Markham St., Little Rock; and
- 820 Elsinger Blvd., Conway.